linterna-magica-users

Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Trisquel-users] Linterna Magica + Epiphany/

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Trisquel-users] Linterna Magica + Epiphany/Web 3.4.1
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:04:14 +0300

В 17:42 +0200 на 26.04.2012 (чт), address@hidden написа:
> I tested Epiphany/Web on Parabola. Epiphany/Web uses libwebkit3 (with GTK3
> support) while Midori uses libwebkit. In the last week both libraries were
> updated twice. The only way to properly view YouTube on Epiphany is to
> downgrade the library libwebkit3, but that library is also used by other
> programmes (such as Empathy) that would also need to be downgraded in order
> to work. On Midori YouTube and other sites work fine with Linterna Magica, so
>
> the problem I'm describing is probably about compatibility of Linterna Magica
>
> with libwebkit3 as it works fine with libwebkit. Epiphany didn't work
> properly after the first libwebkit3 upgrade (artefacts were evident on the
> screen while scrolling) so perhaps another upgrade will fix this issue as
> well.

Thanks. I have a Parabola installation on a virtual machine image. I'll
test and see if I can reproduce and fix it, if it is at all fixable. It
might be an issue of the video plugin. Right now I can't imagine what
the issue would be with Linterna Mágica, so it extracts a link and it
stops x seconds later. From Linterna Mágica's point of view a link is
either extracted and it work, or a broken link is extracted and it does
not work. There  is no in-the-middle link as the issue you are
describing. I guess it should be a problem of the network, the video
plugin or just YouTube.