linterna-magica-users

Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Trisquel-users] Linterna Magica question

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Trisquel-users] Linterna Magica question
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:26:11 +0200

В 21:18 +0100 на 09.01.2012 (пн), address@hidden написа:
> Is there any way to use it with gecko-mediaplayer on Midori or Epiphany? I
> only managed to get it to work with Totem on these browsers. Icecat works
> fine wih gecko-mediaplayer.

It should work, but I haven't tested it recently. There is support for
gecko-media-player JavaScript API in Linterna Mágica, so web controls
could work.

Have in mind that I have experienced problems with two or more video
plugins handling the same mimetype - clips doesn't load and/or the
browser reports wrong plugin that handles the mimetype. As far as I
remember in all browsers. My solution is to uninstall video plugins that
are not needed. There is a trick with Totem (totem-mozilla). You can't
simply remove the package, because it is a ... core dependency in
Trisquel and you will loose the packages for the entire desktop
environment. So, I am fixing that problem by manually removing the
libtotem* files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/:

sudo rm /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libtotem*

Kind of ugly but it works. After browser restart other video plugins
should work. Fixing totem-mozilla later is achieved by:

aptitude reinstall totem-mozilla

which will add the deleted files.

P.S. If you are replying by e-mail, please keep the CC to
address@hidden Thanks.