[Linphone-users] linphone free sip account setup question

From: Sophie Loewenthal
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone free sip account setup question
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 08:32:38 +0100

Hi,

I set up two accounts yesterday. One works perfectly well. But the second account does not work.

I tried with the Linphone iOS  client, and with Acrobits Softphone. Linphone says "bad credentials, check your accout" and Acrobits reported "unauthorised ".

I did check the account, and can log into with this into the Linphone website. The same credentials (username and password ) are copied and pasted for both the website log in, and the sip account configuration process on the clients.

SIP address:sip:xxxxx@sip.linphone.org
Username:xxxxx
Domain:sip.linphone.org

The difference between the two account set-up procresses was that I entered an incorrect email during the second account creation proceeds, which I then changed on the linphone website and then confirmed this when I received the email.  However although I confirmed the change of email address, this makes me think that part of the initial account creation email confirmation process might have been missed.

Any ideas on what could have gone wrong?

All the best.