[Linphone-users] Is it possible to change recordings location?

From: Jaroslaw Rafa
Subject: [Linphone-users] Is it possible to change recordings location?
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 23:14:24 +0200

Hello,

I just installed Linphone on Ubuntu 20.04. The main feature that I need is
the call recording. However, I don't see any option in preferences to change
the default location for the recorded files. The program saves all recordings
in the default ~/Music directory. I'd rather use a different location,
because this folder is pretty crowded in my system and I don't want to mix
phone call recordings with actual music in my music players. Is there any
way to change this?

I have read somewhere about a dialog that Linphone is supposed to display,
asking where to save the recording, but no such dialog appears for me. When
I click the "Record" button, Linphone just starts recording to the default
~/Music folder and when the call ends, the recording just ends automatically
and the recorded file stays in the ~/Music directory.

The version of Linphone that I have installed is the current one from Ubuntu
"universe" repository: 3.12.0-3.1
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa