[Linphone-users] Using Linphone as Dialer on Android mobile phone

From: phillishave
Subject: [Linphone-users] Using Linphone as Dialer on Android mobile phone
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 22:40:10 +0100

Hi,

I got Linphone up and running with a SIP-Account on android 8. I use it mostly for a service of my land phone provider, which reflects/redirects calls on my land phone number to my SIP-Account. And vice versa, I'm able to dial any land or mobile phone number and talk via the SIP-account by using Linphone.

What works is: I'm able to dial ordinary telephone numbers per dialpad or using the contacts from *within* Linphone App.

What does not work is this: using an *external* contact app outside of Linphone, selecting a number to dial and when asked chose Linphone as dialer instead of the native dialer. Then Linphone opens (ok!) but does not took over the number to dial from the external contact list, the number field in Linphone remains empty.

Feature or bug?
Anything I overlooked to set up correctly?

Thanx for helping me out
 junebug