Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Errors in linphone after installation
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 17:08:33 +0200

Hello.

The distributions packages are getting updated step by step by the packagers.

Actually the Linphone-SDK is getting updated, and the app should follow right after.

The outdated versions are not supported anymore (feel free to continue using it if you want, but you may encounter issues). There was a lot of work done and bug fixes in the apps, the sdk, and the server since 4 years. That's why I advise you to upgrade.

There was no source package there, and it does not seem to fit well with
package management. "app image" does seem to be dumbed down: what's
wrong with "binary"?
I don't understand what you mean by source package and "dumbed down"...

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org