[Linphone-users] v42l loopback devices are not listed in linphone settin

From: Oleg
Subject: [Linphone-users] v42l loopback devices are not listed in linphone settings on linux mint 19.2 Tina
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 00:37:16 +0000

Hello,

Installed linphone from linux mint 19.2 Tina software manager : 3.6.1-3build1
Help-> About: Linphone 3.6.1

I am sorry for invading user group but I just don't know appropriate place to
submit the error that i experience with linphone. I tried compiling from git
source but failed as i have no experience developing or compiling, just basic
bash command line knowledge.

The whole purpose of it is to have ip camera video stream to be used in voip
call. I have installed https://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback , passed on
rtsp stream to /dev/video0. I am able to play the video and can select "dummy
video device (0x0000)" (/dev/video0) to use as video source using skype or
ekiga applications. So it has to be something with linphone application as the
only thing i see under "settings->multimedia settings, video input device is
StatickImage: Statick picture ". I have tried connecting usb webcome and it
appears in the list but v2l2 loopback doesn't.

Attached is a debug log of startup and it only lists below 2 lines
linphone-message : Registering all webcam handlers
linphone-message : Webcam StaticImage: Static picture added

Below is loopback device information in case it has some relevant information.

oleg@linuxmint:~$ v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video0 --info
Driver Info (not using libv4l2):
        Driver name   : v4l2 loopback
        Card type     : Dummy video device (0x0000)
        Bus info      : platform:v4l2loopback-000
        Driver version: 4.15.18
        Capabilities  : 0x85208003
                Video Capture
                Video Output
                Video Memory-to-Memory
                Read/Write
                Streaming
                Extended Pix Format
                Device Capabilities
        Device Caps   : 0x85208003
                Video Capture
                Video Output
                Video Memory-to-Memory
                Read/Write
                Streaming
                Extended Pix Format
                Device Capabilities

I suppose it is not the write place to submit this problem so please advise
where to submit it?
If it is off no use to submit as newer version has this fixed where can i
download compiled build for linux mint?

Thank you in advance,

Oleg