Re: [Linphone-users] Android 4.0.0 Client Registration Fails

From: Rohit Gupta
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Android 4.0.0 Client Registration Fails
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 06:58:17 +0800

@Russell.. when thousands of users are dependent on a buggy behaviour then that bug becomes a feature and changing that breaks compatibility and disrupts thousands of users. Typically compatibility takes precedence over strict compliance to standard or rfc, or should be given along with a switch for the user to choose, making one behaviour default and keeping it that way.

Some of us are trying to advocate use of open source. Stability and reliability is important. One major update and all our users are under the bus! That doesn't help.