Re: [Linphone-users] Interop with CSipSimple

From: Daniel Gnoutcheff
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Interop with CSipSimple
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 12:53:17 -0400

On 05/22/2016 01:07 AM, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> I'm having trouble making calls from Linphone to CSipSimple.  When I use
> Linphone to place a call, CSipSimple rings, but when I accept the call,
> it drops immediately, with CSipSimple saying only "hung up" and Linphone
> saying:
>
>   "Incompatible, check codecs or security settings ..."
>
> However, if I make a call in the reverse direction (i.e. if I call from
> CSipSimple to Linphone), it works perfectly.  (Call accepted, functional
> audio in both directions.)

I seem to have found a workaround.  If I disable video in Linphone
(Options -> Always start video), this bug goes away.

Disabling all available video codecs in Linphone did *not* work.
Explicitly disabling video in CSipSimple also didn't work.

Perhaps I'll disable video support the next time I compile Linphone ...

HTH,
Daniel