Re: [Linphone-users] Button accessibility issues (was Re: Android versio

From: Margaux Clerc
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Button accessibility issues (was Re: Android version no longer usable with a screen reader)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 13:37:21 +0100

Hi Kyle,

I’m currently working on the content description of the new interface button in linphone android. A new release will be available soon with this fix.
Best regards,

Le 9 mars 2016 à 12:49, Kyle <address@hidden> a écrit :

Once when I tested another app, I was given an apk file to load onto my phone, and was told that the accessibility issues were probably fixed, but I noticed that buttons that used to have content descriptions no longer had them. The problem was a bug in which if I understand its nature, had something to do with a tag that wasn't closed properly. So I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that the Linphone developers don't care, which usually won't help get my problem resolved, and usually does more to generate apathy than to fix bugs. I am simply reporting this issue I'm having as a bug, so that the most awesome phone app can become usable on my device of choice again, as it was a few days ago.

I would also like to take this opportunity to report the fact that many of the buttons in the Linux app, i.e. for contacts,messaging, etc. also have no accessible names that Orca can read. On the other hand, I would like to thank the developers for making one of the most awesome cross-platform phone apps that I have had the pleasure to use, which would become much more awesome if these labels can be added so that screen reader users know what button does what. Thanks.

Sent from my interior decoration