Re: [Linphone-users] Unreliable results from linphonecsh.exe on multiple

From: Adam Granger
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Unreliable results from linphonecsh.exe on multiple commands
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:31:36 -0100

Some more information...

There are two distinct issues here... The truncation, and sometimes pipe
errors...

The truncation happens all the time if you just run generic "soundcard
list" repeatedly at 5 second intervals. I suspect it effects all commands,
but just more obvious as "soundcard list" as a lot of text to return...

I've run this on a slightly different Windows 7 machine, and in that case
the error returned is "ERROR: Failed to connect pipe: Result too large"
instead of "ERROR: Failed to connect pipe: Unknown"

I've also been looking at the source code, stumbled across the following...

/*
 * warning: on win32 ortp_server_pipe_accept_client() might return
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE without
 * any specific error, this happens when ortp_server_pipe_close() is
called on another pipe.
 * This pipe api is not thread-safe.
*/

Is this relevant?