[Linphone-users] linphonecsh (3.5) call regular phone number

From: Julien Evrard
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphonecsh (3.5) call regular phone number
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:42:29 +0100

i use linphone 3.5 on raspbian and trying to call a landline with my sip account (sip:address@hidden, where my_id is my numeric landline number, for example 0246802468) when i try on my Raspberry:

linphonecsh dial my_id

all is fine: my physical phone rings, cause my sip account is redirected by the sip provider: my sip account is provided by my numeric line provider. it works because linphonecsh (and so linphonec) transform my_id into sip:address@hidden, because freephonie.net is treated as default sip domain.

the my_id, which is my numeric landline number, is not recognised as a phone number so, as soon as i try a regular landline, which has no freephonie sip account, it fails because instead of trying to call a phone with number 0123456789, it tries to call sip:address@hidden

i tried this on my android phone, with the linphone app: it works well. when there is no "sip:", it does not try to add it, it treats it as a regular phone number.

i tried "tel:" instead of "sip:" but it does not work.

anyone has a solution?

thanks