Re: [Linphone-users] Bug Report: Installer sets incorrect SIP protocol h

From: Ghislain Mary
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Bug Report: Installer sets incorrect SIP protocol handler in windows
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:17:13 +0200

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we'll look into it.

Cheers,
Ghislain

On 2 October 2013 01:34, Tracy Briscoe <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi

When installing LinPhone on windows, the installer is currently setting the registry key ‘HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open\command\(Default)’ to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone\bin\linphone.exe --workdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone" –call

It should be setting it to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone\bin\linphone.exe" --workdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone" –call "%1"

Note the speech marks around the path to the executable, and the "%1" at the end.

Obviously I’ve installed LinPhone on a 64bit version of windows, if installed on a 32 bit version of windows or to a custom path, the path to LinPhone would be different, but it appears the installer already deals with this.

Regards,

Mr Tracy Briscoe

Network Engineer

St Peter's School, Cambridge, Private Bag 884, Cambridge 3450, New Zealand

P +64 7 827 9899 ext 254  l  F +64 7 827 9812

www.stpeters.school.nz

Note: This communication may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the addressee named above. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author. If you have received this message in error, we request you delete the message and notify the sender. Please do not distribute, copy or disclose any information. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses but all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment or message is excluded.

St Peter's School, Cambridge, New Zealand
Telephone: 647 827 9899 Fax: 647 827 9812
Website: www.stpeters.school.nz