Re: [Linphone-users] Bluetooth handfree support

From: Mikko Tuumanen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Bluetooth handfree support
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:36:49 +0200

> A lot of installation on Ubuntu and Android devices was used, and
> additional soundcards (as bluetooth headset) strongly needed. Would we
> hope with BT-headsets?

The problem with BT-headsets is somewhere in mediastreamer.
I looked into it but didn't find solution yet.

The bt-problem exists also with the mediastreamer2/tests/echo
application.

With bt headset there is a normal amount of "putq" (ortp/str_utils.h)
but no of "getq". That is the symptom, but I didn't find the cause.

"arecord|aplay" works on a bt headset, but mediastreamer's "echo"
doesn't.

The next thing to do is to find out what decides whether to "getq"
in the echo application and find out why that doesn't happen
with bt headset. Unfortunately I don't know when I have the time
to continue this.