Re: [Linphone-users] No video codec available

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] No video codec available
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:53:19 -0700

Daniel,

I do not use OpenSUSE, but I have built Linphone for Ubuntu. For the built-in codecs, 'configure.ac' scripts look for the development libraries with statements such as:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/videodev.h linux/videodev2.h)

This is one check that would disable video entirely. Build options on the command line can also affect the configuration.

Most of the video checks are in mediastreamer2 which, like ortp, has its own 'configure.ac'. The video configuration is actually in:

linphone-3.5.2/mediastreamer2/acinclude.m4

where you can find checks such as

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FFMPEG, [libavcodec >= 51.0.0 ],ffmpeg_found=yes , ffmpeg_found=no)

For video, you are probably looking at VP8/libvpx.

For H.264 you would need an external plugin. It is also available from the Linphone website.

Good luck. Let us know how it went.

Felix