Re: [Linphone-users] can't make a call - Linux environment

From: bagheera
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] can't make a call - Linux environment
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 13:03:16 +0200

Dnia 02-10-2011 o 11:39:52 Sven Nielsen <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

Just use Ekiga!
Configuration is "just snap your fingers" and it works perfectly under
Linux (I am using Ubuntu 11.04, a perfect desktop distro!)

My last tries with Ekiga showed that it cannot cope with all aspects of SIP protocoll handling. It either does not comply with the specs itself, or it cannot reliably handle SIP registrars that violate SIP specs. With the result that Ekiga e.g. does not end SIP calls properly. They stay active indefinitely effectively blocking my SIP line.

If i would be able to use ekiga, i wouldn't be writing this post. Ekiga also have problems with connections. I get disconnected on any call attempt.

So, it is not really "snap your fingers" ...

    Hi, i would like to use linphone, but i have several problems.

    First of all:

    1. Can't set the port to listen state, it says it's already used
    used, when it is NOT:

You might be experiencing some NAT problems. In corporate network e.g. some other person's / server' SIP client /proxy might be actually using those ports already. There is alot that can go wrong when using SIP behind firewalls / NATed..

I don't think so. X-lite on the same machine (win7) works just fine. Other apps don't have any problems with NAT (both windows/linux). I have public, static IP, and forwarded ports.