[Linphone-users] (alsa-related) crashes on linux

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: [Linphone-users] (alsa-related) crashes on linux
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:40:12 +0200

Hello
Recently I made an update to my Lucid and after rebooting I'm constantly getting crashes when starting Linphone. I think it's related to ALSA vs Pulse, but it worked fine before the updated: here ALSA doesn't seem correctly configured and only Pulse is available.

address@hidden:~$ linphone &> /tmp/linphone.log
Segmentation fault

If I'm starting with a clean profile it generates the same pop-up message (see attached shot), but doesn't crash (see second log).

I'm using Linphone 3.4.1 on Xubuntu Lucid 64 bit installed from a PPA [1].
[1] https://launchpad.net/~felix.lechner/+archive/linphone-ppa

Any ideas what's wrong? Regards
Liviu