Re: [Linphone-users] video troubles: sip number to test video?

From: Dragos D
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] video troubles: sip number to test video?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:38:39 -0500

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Liviu Andronic <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:38:43 +0100, Dragos D <address@hidden> wrote:

This is an issue for Simon; I think he recently did some fine-tunings :-)

Unfortunately I had the same issue in v3.3.2 and in v3.2.1. Let me know if my logs could be of any use.

I think we should let Simon handle this. If he doesn't in few days maybe I'll have a look at msx264. As you mentioned, it looks like the bitrate is too low.

Dragos

P.S. If you have an Android phone you may try my ddPhoneVideo. Even with
h263-1998 the quality may be better :-). Although I use a low resolution:
176x144

I just tried both linphone and ddPhoneVideo on my Android, and as long as no video is involved both seem to work fine. Since video makes little sense on my Xperia X10 as there's no front camera, I'm happy with the results.

You may try something like:
http://www.isnapme.com/   :-)
but it is designed for iPhone 3 where the camera is on the side...
The video on ddPhoneVideo will start automatically; I designed it to work on almost all phones. It will not freeze unless the 3G freezes (never on WiFi). But it does not use h264.