[Linphone-users] Problem with private IP address and picky registrars

From: Christian Schäfer
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem with private IP address and picky registrars
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:17:56 -0400

Hi,

I'm having problems connecting to a specific registrar when I'm behind a NAT router. In this case, the private IP address seems to get transmitted to the registrar which seems picky about that. The error message is:

SIP/2.0 479 Please don't use private IP addresses

This is a known issue with some registrars.
I had this also with another voip software under Linux and I hoped that Linphone behaves differently in such a scenario.
Does this sound familiar, did anyone experience the same?

Thanks,
Chris