[Linphone-users] Is Linphone 3.2.1 v4l or v4l2?

From: Bent
Subject: [Linphone-users] Is Linphone 3.2.1 v4l or v4l2?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:59:20 +0200

Hi

I'm having difficulties with the video on Linphone 3.1.2.

My camera is a Labtec (Logitech) webcam (ID: 046d:0929), so the kernel
driver is the gspca_main/gspca_spca561 combination. 'xawtv  -hwscan'
reports this camera as a v4l2 camera.

However. if I start Linphone right away, configure the camera as V4L2
in the 'Multimedia settings' tab and switch to 'Audio and Video' in
the Modes drop-down menu, Linphone exits with a segmentation fault. If
I choose V4L Linphone displays a completely garbled picture, mostly
green, but with specks of black and rer all over. If I minimize the
video window and the restore it, it is pitch black,

If I start Linphone with this line:
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so linphone-3
everything works perfectly. But to the best of my knowledge the above
PRELOAD turns the driver interface into a V4L API. Hence my quistion:
Is Linphone 3.2.1 v4l or v4l2?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bent

PS I get a lot of 'assertion failed' messages when I run Linphone.
Should I pay any attention to them?