Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0

From: Alastair Johnson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:41:22 +0000

On Thursday 22 November 2007, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, I've decided to give a try to linphone as a SIP client.
> Unfortunately, I can't
> get it working, because my ADSL modem crashed every time I'm trying to
> add proxy in the
> preferences window. I'd mention that was quite unexpected behavior for
> me... Any thoughts
> about this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir.

It sounds like buggy ADSL modem firmware since it shouldn't crash even if it
doesn't like what linphone is doing. You don't mention which version you're
running, what the OS is, what the modem is and how it's connected, or what
the proxy is. This makes it difficult to say much more about what might be
happening. Linphone outbound proxy settings have always worked for me. I've
used several versions , currently 1.7.1, on multiple linux clients. These
proxy to siproxd 0.5.13 on a Gentoo box which currently uses a USB ADSL modem
but used to be behind an ADSL router with ports forwarded to it. Its error
logs have never suggested linphone is doing anything it shouldn't, though
that's no guarantee.