[Linphone-users] Linphonec on gentoo

From: Salvador Gianluca
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphonec on gentoo
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:06:10 +0200

hi to all!
thanks to Petr for the suggestion: i succesfully build (only) linphonec and i could see its prompt and make calls, but i have troubles with alsa sound...
1. I hear a mic echo on the pc-speakers when i start linphonec and also when i call someone
2. when i answer to a call, i cannot hear anything from the other part, but only mine mic's echo
However, on FC4 i installed complete linphone (the same version of gentoo) and i do not have that troubles
I think it could be an alsa problem.
In the alsamixer utility i enabled only master, PCM, hardware, PC-speaker, and mic-capture, and i think this is correct: isn't it?
So I am trying to update alsa: my current version is 1.0.8, and the lastest available version is 1.0.11
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance,
Gianluca Salvador