[Linphone-users] Basic Use of VoIP

From: plutoniumx
Subject: [Linphone-users] Basic Use of VoIP
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:07:17 +0200

Hello,

I'm new in the VoIP world and i would like to ask you a question.

The scenario : i have two computer connected by VPN over internet (which means
on the same network even if not physically in the same network). What i'd like
to know is , using VoIP compliant devices, how to connect two phones over this
connection. My problem is at the configuration stage : do i just need two VoIP
phones and just configure them with an IP and it's over (being on teh same
network) ? . I read some articles but i'm a little bit lost :o). For instance i
saw the PAP2 linksys device but it uses a SIP gateway provider --> it's not what
i want.(i want a direct connection); is it possible to use it to achieve my goal
? in the worst case is there a way to install a SIP gateway on a computer to
ByPass this provider subscription ?

Thanks for your help.

email : plutoniumx at free dot fr