[Linphone-users] Failing to REGISTER

From: Dermot McGahon
Subject: [Linphone-users] Failing to REGISTER
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:56:28 +0100

Hi,

I'm doing some interoperability testing with a Tadiran PABX with
a Coral ipx 500 SIP card installed and I'm registration is not
successful.

The first log attached shows the failing attempt at registration.

The second log is a packet dump showing a SIP desk phone configured
with the same username/password successfully registering.

The obvious differences seem to be that the SIP phone includes the
cnonce/nc/qop in the REGISTER request along with the digest for
the password.

From reading the specs, I wasn't 100% sure, but it seemed that the
cnonce should be sent back when qop=auth.

Dermot.