Re: [Linphone-users] Speex and 1015 in an ARM platform

From: Eduardo Bezerra
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Speex and 1015 in an ARM platform
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:36:16 -0400

Hi,

Yes, it happens only with speex and lpc1015. I was wondering if
these problems are related with float point operations.

I tried compiling libspeex with --enable-fixed-point configure option,
but I could hear only some peace of my voice in the test_speex
program, as I reported in previous messages. Enabling this
configure option is not sufficient for me. I need more optimizations
if I want to use speex.

The lpc1015 encoder makes a expensive float-point operation
(read_16bit_samples). I think  the lpc10-1.5 directory has a lot of float point
operation. Is there any easy way to change them to fixed point??

--
Eduardo Bezerra Valentin
Bacharelado em Ciência da Computação - DCC - UFAM