Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Queries

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Queries
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:05:49 +0200

Hello,

Le Vendredi 15 Avril 2005 21:27, Dick Middleton a écrit :
> I have a few queries about the 1.0.1 Linphone:
>
>    Whenever I run Linphone it pops up a dialogue asking for realm
> authentication.  I can't get rid of this dialogue.  If I close it it
> pops up again immediately, if I kill the dialogue it pops up again
> later.  The data it requests is in the config file.  Is there a way to
> pacify it?
Normally not: if the authentication data needed is in the config file and is
correct, it should not ask you anything. Are you sure the data it requests is
in the config file ? Is it inside using the 1.0.x format, not the 0.x.x one ?
Otherwise it means that the REGISTER request linphone is sending to your proxy
is rejected by the proxy for authentication reasons. You can simply decide
not to register on this proxy using the configuration box.

>    How do I convert my old address book entries (from 0.9 version) to
> the new version?
Sorry, I have no tool for that. The new entries are stored like this:
[friend_0]
url=me <sip:address@hidden>
pol=accept
proxy=-1
subscribe=0

[friend_1]
url=...

pol, proxy and subscribe are optionnal.

>    How do I delete entries from the sip address dropdown on the main
> dialogue?   Where do these get stored?
This is gtk that automatically stores them, I don't know how to delete them.

> Finally can I add my voice to those requesting some attention to the
> sound interface.  Linphone needs to work with Alsa, it urgently needs to
> stop changing the sound to undesired settings (before I go deaf) and I
This behaviour is dropped in future release 1.1.0
> would really like the option to send the ring tone to a different sound
> device from the speech (needed for use with headphones).
This is highly requested, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Simon