[Linphone-users] (no subject)

From: Kevin K
Subject: [Linphone-users] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:29:23 -0700

Hi,
I've just gotten Linphone installed, and I'm trying to use sipomatic to verify the installation and program.

If I run sipomatic from a terminal, I get:

----------- start of paste -------------------------------------------
MediaStreamer-Message: Found /dev/dsp.

** Message: Starting using url sip:address@hidden:5064
| ERROR | <osipmanager.c: 177> Failed to bind socket !

| ERROR | <osipmanager.c: 193> warning: bad socket.

I run linphone, and it looks like it's there, the GUI pops up. The instructions in the user manual say to "go to the property box, section network, and choose "lo" as the default interface." I don't see a property box. I see Connection and Help in the top menu. Connection has "Address Book", "Preferences", and "Quit"; Help has "About" and "User Manual". In the GUI itself, I see a "Sip address" pulldown, two buttons (Call or Answer, and Release or Refuse), a Show More section with Sound, Presence, and DTMF. But no property box with a network setting.

If I click Connection->Preferences, a "Parameters" window opens, and I see "NAT traversal options (experimental)" and RTP properties. But I don't see "lo" anywhere. Am I looking in the right place?

The instructions continue: "Then type the following sip url in the main window: sip:address@hidden:5064." What is the "main window"? I assume that it is the linphone GUI?

As an experiment, I entered address@hidden:5064 into linphone and hit call. The status bar says "Contacting sip:address@hidden:5064", then "Connected", then "Communication ended".

Unfortunately, to add to my troubles, my sound card doesn't seem to be working properly, so I don't know if there is a recorded message playing. Can someone please tell me where I should be setting this "lo" value and what the meaning of my sipomatic error is?

Thanks!
Kevin

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95. https://broadband.msn.com