linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone iOS without callkit

From: Julien Chavanton
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone iOS without callkit
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 11:13:19 -0400

Thank you for your response, Juliens are the best !

I found Apple was providing some setting to control call history.

Like includesCallsInRecents.

On Fri, May 26, 2023, 10:33 AM Julien Favre-Bulle <julien.fb@belledonne-communications.com> wrote:

Dear Julien,

It’s possible not to use callkit on iOS.

Supporting push notifications has become compulsory since iOS 10 to receive incoming calls and messages when the app is not active in foreground.

To wake up a VoIP app when an incoming call or an incoming message is received, the server must send a push notification request to Apple PN server. For security reasons, Apple doesn't allow everybody to send push notifications to their servers. There are private keys and certificates to protect the whole process.

We have decided not to share Linphone’s push notification ID with third party services, and this is why the stock Linphone app can only receive push notifications sent from our sip.linphone.org service.

Not using Push Notification will restrict the usage of your app.

Best regards,

Julien Favre-Bulle
Business Developer

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
julien.fb@belledonne-communications.com

Discover our solutions in 3 minutes!

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project

https://www.linphone.org