linphone-developers

Re: [Linphone-developers] SIP Username and Auth Username

From: Sylvain Berfini
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] SIP Username and Auth Username
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 09:05:40 +0200

Hi Daniel,

The AuthInfo class that stores credentials supports having a username and a user ID : https://download.linphone.org/releases/docs/liblinphone/latest/cs/api/Linphone.AuthInfo.html

Cheers,

Sylvain Berfini
Head of Mobile & Desktop Apps Department

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
sylvain.berfini@belledonne-communications.com

Discover our solutions in 3 minutes!

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project
https://linphone.org

Le 23/05/2023 à 00:26, Daniel Kelly a écrit :

Hi,

I’ve been searching to see if Liblinphone (Xamarin) supports using a username in conjunction with an auth username but I cant see any support for this.

We are trying to connect to a 3CX system and their later versions do not allow you to use the same username and auth username.

When you put the Auth Username in the place of username, the account fails to register.

I have done some testing with Zoiper windows client and I can get it to register when I enter the Username as well as the auth username and tick the box that says use auth username.  Any other combination fails to register.

Anyone has any success with registering with 3cx?  Or know if the auth username is / will be supported?

Thanks,

Daniel.