[Linphone-developers] Sipvicious scans on Linphone

From: Skipper Penguin
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Sipvicious scans on Linphone
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:33:11 +0100

Hi,
I would use Linphone on my Mageia Desktop.
It works quite well but I continuosly get my Linux box being scanned by Sipvocious ghost calls.
Linphone frequentrly rings by receiving calls from +100 , +1000, +1001 and so on fake numbers.
So I cannot keep active Linphone.
Looking at wireshark log a lot of strange ip looks scanning my 5060 udp port.
Now I'm testing Zoiper and I get no more scan. No false rings. Wireshark show no 5060 port scanning.
No more scan also using an old X-lite client.
Why only Linphone is affected by this nasty problem?
Any way to stop scanners other that use an iptables filter?