[Linphone-developers] liblibphone 5.0 and opanldap fork

From: Giacomo Comes
Subject: [Linphone-developers] liblibphone 5.0 and opanldap fork
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 09:52:08 -0400

Hi,
I'm the packager of linphone for openSUSE.
While I was building/packaging liblinphone 5.0
I noticed that now it can be build, with ldap enabled, only
with the belledonne fork of openldap:
  https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/external/openldap

I did try to add the relevant commit (a4fef2181ce9bdcb5dfafb598be6c1dc5d2aebab)
to the official openSUSE release of openldap, but
I was asked if such change is going to be submitted upstream or not.
Such patch may affect security relevant code and it makes sense anyway
to have it upstream.

So my question is: will such patch be sent upstream?
If not, there is a way to have liblinphone 5.0 compiled with
ldap support but without LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_PEER_CN?

Regards.
Giacomo