[Linphone-developers] Linphone Deployment for small college -

From: Eugen Soare
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Deployment for small college -
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:26:38 -0700

Need is for a Softphone client for audio path only.
NO Video
NO CHAT
Ideally SRTP enable on G.711 and/or OPUS
Can the Video and CHAT functionality be removed from the GUI interface?

Looking at Linphone Desktop (windows, potentially MAC's also) for a small college. Not sure if the APP will be deployed on Cell Phones...

There are potentially 100-250 users that will need deployment.

Question is: what would be the recommended deployment for that scenario?

They will be using an existing SIP PBX, which we can DIP into VIA API to gather Usernam/Password/Realm information for the Users.

The College is a Windows Domain shop...

Can we bundle a Linphone Package for each individual User 'pre-programmed'?
Can we setup a URL that Users can type into the Linphone app for programming?

Thanks for your help!
esoare