Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Packet Mechanism

From: Vadim Lebedev
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Packet Mechanism
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:13:20 +0100

Hi Hilman,

I 'm pretty familiar with linphone's mediastreamer/ortp/srtp stack...  can you post your code for examination?

Le mar. 28 juil. 2020 à 05:03, Hilman Fitriana <hilman.sevenfold@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hello, as I always say I am trying to modify the payload encryption module on srtp which causes the payload packet size to double from 160 bytes to 320 bytes. In implementing the module itself, this has been successful, where srtp can be sent from one endpoint to another. However, the next packet will cause errors such as segmentation faults, bus errors or malloc error.
This error appears only at endpoints, while servers that implement the same function do not cause errors. I think this shows that an error occurred when integrating the encryption module with the linphone environment. What I want to ask, how to increase the size of the payload so that it can hold double the previous size? In what modules should I add a size for memory allocation that affects the payload size?

In the mblk_t data type defined in str_utils.h, what's the difference between b_wptr and b_rptr? Why do each other sometimes fill values?

In the data packet delivery mechanism, data clone process occurs where the previous packet stored in the db-> db_base variable will be called (ciphertext) so the auth tag will called, then the first 160 bytes will be replaced by the new data packet. This causes the db->db_base contain new plaintext with the previous auth tag and will be copied to mp->b_rptr. What I want to ask, in which part is the process of storing ciphertext in this db-> db_base? Is the process done after the package delivery process ?

Hope anyone can help answer this question.
Best Regards,
Hilman