[Linphone-developers] Android: Feature request: Provide possibility to q

From: Silas Brändlin
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Android: Feature request: Provide possibility to quickly select account for outgoing calls
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 18:36:23 +0200

Hello everyone,

I was looking for ways to get in touch with linphone development. As I am using the Android app frequently, I thought I could help to improve it. I think the UI is structured and intuitive. Not much to complain. But one thing is still a bit complicated.

I have two SIP accounts registered. One voip number is used for home. The other I use as private, only I will respond to it.

For outgoing calls it is a bit cumbersome. Linphone is using the main account for dialing. The main account can only be set when opening settings of the single account (opening settings, scrolling down, activating radio button, returning to home screen).

My proposal: short press is setting the main account. Long press is opening the settings (which is currently done by short press).

Maybe it makes sense to keep the old behavior if there is only one account. Maybe it is better to always do as proposed above to keep it consistent.

What do you think?

Best regards
s.braendlin