Re: [Linphone-developers] Meeting

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Meeting
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 19:31:10 +0200

Hello.

Actually you can do audio conferences in Linphone (client-side based).

There is two ways to do it, depending if you are using the desktop or the mobile version.

For the desktop version, you can create a conference by clicking on the orange button at the right of the top toolbar.

For the mobile versions, you first need to call the first participant, then pause the call, call the second without hanging up, etc. then merge calls (with the gear menu).

It might seems a little abstract... I could provide you some screenshots if you need.

We are also working on videoconference (we currently have a working client-side private prototype).

Client-side conference allow you to talk with one to approximately 8-12 people.

It depends on your device specs.

Server-side conference is a long development process, but I hope that we could have it in few years.

Thanks for your interest in Linphone.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer