Re: [Linphone-developers] Presence Status - Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0 - Co

From: John Hughes
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Presence Status - Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0 - Core 3.12.0
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:23:01 +0200

On 29/05/2020 10:02, Connor Giles wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone else was having issues with the presence status on the above Linphone version?

It seemed to work back on the 3.6 version but on this latest version now that I've upgraded, the presence now just shows everyone as offline even though I know they are online.

In linphone 3 presence status can be done by setting the "show this contact presence status" toggle for a contact, which sets the "send_subscribe" flag in the "friends" table.  linphone will then send a SIP SUBSCRIBE message for that contact, and when it gets NOTIFY messages update the presence status.

linphone 4 still has the code to send the SUBSCRIBE messages, but has no UI to set the "send_subscribe" flag in the friends db.

Presence in linphone 4 is uses a whole other set of RFC's than linphone 3 which are wonderful and complicated.

(There are also some bugs in belle-sip's handling of SUBSCRIBE that stop it interworking with, for example, asterisk, but they are easy enough to fix).