[Linphone-developers] Echo when using external webcam on Android

From: Utsav Mitra
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Echo when using external webcam on Android
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 13:55:41 +1000

Hello,

I’ve been trying to implement the Linphone SDK for Android connected to a TV with an external Logitech webcam (C920) but have been facing terrible echo, whilst using the following parameters:
[sound]
el_type=mic
#speaker energy threshold (linear scale) above which echo limiter decreases mic gain.
el_thres=0.03
#attenuation applied to mic gain (linear scale)
el_force=500000
#minimum time in milliseconds during which attenuation is applied
el_sustain=600 we tried 250 and 1000 also
#double talk detection: threshold of ratio mic-energy/speaker-energy above which mic input is sent anyway.
el_transmit_thres=1.7
#noise gate floorgain (gain applied when no voice is detected).
ng_floorgain=0.01
I’m confused as to where to look and tinker around to work around the echo issue and was hoping you could provide some clarity. The attached audio file contains reciting from 1-10 and the echo is loud each time.

Regards,
Utsav