Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone and iOS 13

From: Elisa Nectoux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone and iOS 13
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:08:07 +0100

Hi Lindsey,

My apologies for the belated answer. We most of the time rely on the Linphone community to reply on this channel, but this is clearly a question that cannot be answered by someone who is not part of our company.

Our development status for iOS13 is the following:
  • For calls, everyhting has been modified in our server (Flexisip) in our VoIP library (Liblinphone) and at the app level, to follow iOS13 requirements. These changes have been merged into our sdk.
  • For instant messaging, we are finalising the development on an app extension. This code has not been merged to the master branch of our sdk yet, but it will be in the coming days. Once we have merged the work related to this app extension, and finalised our test of the application, we will publish an official release of Linphone for iOS, that customers can take as an example to update their own app. This release (Linphone 4.3) will probably be published around mid-April.

In the meantime, if you only need to use our sdk for Voice and Video over IP calling, but not for Instant Messaging, you can compile the sources from Gitlab (https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-sdk) or you can use it with Cocoapods, by using the following version : pod 'linphone-sdk', '~⁣> 4.4.0-alpha’
This is an alpha version of our sdk 4.4 release.

For your information, we can provide development assistance, support and development services to companies who want to use Linphone for their VoIP project.
We also sale proprietary licenses to companies who cannot follow the GNU/GPLv3 requirements.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to fill in the contact form at the end of our contact page: https://www.linphone.org/contact.

Best regards,

Elisa Nectoux
Sales & Marketing Manager

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
address@hidden

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project