Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP port configuration on Android

From: Eeri Kask
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP port configuration on Android
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 13:02:30 +0200

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 20:49:29 +0530, kaushik parmar wrote:

> you can change audio and video port from res/raw/linphonerc-factory
and res/raw-sw600dp/linphonerc-factory files.

> default audio_rtp_port=7076 and video_rtp_port=9078.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Hans Georg Schaathun <address@hidden>
wrote:

>>  Hullo,
>>
>>  I am stuck trying to connect a the linphone android client
>>  to a linux client.  After some iterations of opening ports
>>  on the wireless network, I am able to register with the SIP
>>  server, establish the connection, and stream video to the
>>  android device.  However, there is no video from the android device.
>>
>>  The question is this, can I choose what ports to use in
>>  the android client?  I can only find the SIP port in the
>>  configuration settings.  (I found audio and video RTP ports
>>  in the linux client though.)  If I cannot configure it,
>>  what ports are used?

This suggestion at the top means either:

(1) compile linphone for android from sources
(2) change any existing binary *.apk file: unpack *.apk, edit
"audio_rtp_port/video_rtp_port" values, repack *.apk, install on device

** Feature request for linphone-android: like in the desktop
application, add a possibility to change these port values into network
settings. **

The problem is, if located behind a telco-provided DSL-modem which also
has built-in VoiP (e.g. Deutsche Telekom), one cannot make linphone
media stream connections any longer (using these default port numbers).
 My linphone media streams stopped working the day I had to start using
Telekom-imposed VoiP.  Telekom probaby uses the same-numbered RTP-ports
and hijacks any incoming media stream in the DSL-modem (possibly
erroneously, in end effect simply nuking any "foreign" incoming media
stream at these incoming ports).  There is no way to reconfigure
anything in the black-box device provided by Telekom.

In an older linphone-android I managed to implement method (2) above as
proof of concept of the solution.

P.S. It was quite effortful to figure out what suddenly happened after
Telekom-VoiP was turned on.  :-)

    Eeri Kask