[Linphone-developers] DTMF tones not registering on outbound calls

From: Sam Hall
Subject: [Linphone-developers] DTMF tones not registering on outbound calls
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:06:31 +0000

Hi

I’m having a problem with my DTMF tones not being recognized by an automated system that I’m calling into with a windows application using LibLinphone.  I’ve tried all available options in the software and on the voip server and there’s no combination that makes DTMFs register on this particular automated system.  Interestingly, the Linphone application in the windows 10 store exhibits the same behavior, but the IOS version of Linphone works as it should.  I’ve ruled out the voip provider by trying 3 different services, and I’ve ruled out problems with the recipient automated system (as well as I can) by verifying that 2 other SDK’s do work with this automated system.  So my question is, has anyone had similar results with Windows and Linphone/Liblinphone and DTMFs not working?  Any clues as to how I might figure this out?  I don’t want to have to use one of those other aforementioned SDKs because they’re expensive.

Thanks in advance,

Sam Hall