[Linphone-developers] Use of libupnp

From: Bernhard Schmidt
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Use of libupnp
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 08:43:39 +0200

Hi,

in Debian we're still trying to get the latest version of linphone into
the next Debian release. One issue that is currently confusing us
(because it means linphone intersects with the upgrade of libupnp 1.6 to
1.8) is the use of libupnp.

There is code in current liblinphone and mediastreamer2's configure.ac
to check the libupnp version and bail out on 1.8. There is also code
using libupnp functions still in mediastreamer2/src/upnp, which needs to
be patched but is guarded by "if BUILD_UPNP", which AFAICT is never
checked/set by CMake. Our builds don't link to libupnp either, neither
the old nor the new version of it.

Is all of this dead code or did I miss something?

Bernhard