Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP-packet size issue for 16bit samples.

From: Igor Chetverovod
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RTP-packet size issue for 16bit samples.
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 17:25:05 +0300

HI All,
Issue was solved by adding  filter MS_L16_ENC after MS_VOLUME and calling a  method MS_FILTER_ADD_FMTP("ptime=20") for it.

Best regards,
Igor

Hello,
I am continue investigating this issue.  I found that  for payload_type_pcm8000  MS_RTP_SEND  has increased  a frequensy of the packets. It uses 10ms interval instead of 20ms interval for ulaw payload. So it gives right quantity   of 16-bit samples per second in 100 packets by 80 samples.  But I need to  have 50 packets by 160 samples, how can I tune this parameter?

Best regards,
Igor

Hello,
I am tring to build   generator of  tonal signal based on Mediastrimer2 filters.  I am using chain of filters:

MS_TICKER -> MS_VOID_SOURCE -> MS_DTMF_GEN -> MS_VOLUME -> MS_RTP_SEND

This chain works good when I  connect in to the saundcard.  But when I use RTP-session with payload  payload_type_pcm8000   (clock rate 8000 , bits per sample 16) I see in  output RTP-packets only 160bytes of payload not  320.  Could you please clarify  how to get  solve this issue?

Best regards,
Igor