[Linphone-developers] SIP password stored in clear

From: sdan
Subject: [Linphone-developers] SIP password stored in clear
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 21:39:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I am testing Linphone in my Debian computer and I have been surprised to see in a file (.linephonerc) located in the personnal folder some critical informations (auth_info_0) as my SIP server password.

After that, I looked on the application parameters and found a "delete all passwords" button the clear this critical infomations in the file. But I'm surprised to see that my password not even SHA encrypted, stored in a file in my computer by default. Is this normal ?

Thank you.
Steven.