[Linphone-developers] Fw: incompatible api between multiple versions

From: Alexander Couzens
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Fw: incompatible api between multiple versions
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 11:59:07 +0100

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 11:49:20 +0100
From: Alexander Couzens <address@hidden>
To: Sandrine Avakian <address@hidden>
Cc: Max <address@hidden>
Subject: incompatible api between multiple versions

Hello Sandrine,

I'm trying to make osmocom compatible with ortp 0.27. But it seems
there is no `#define ORTP_MINOR_VERSION` or similiar.
Because ortp is incompatible between multiple version [1], it's hard to
support multiple version of ortp and thus it's impossible to support
multiple distributions.

Can we add version fields and a version check described in
[1]? I picked modemmanager by random, but many projects use the same
way.

Best,
lynxis

[0] ortp_set_log_level_mask() now contains an additional argument
domain.
[1]
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/include/ModemManager-version.h.in
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: address@hidden
jabber: address@hidden
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604