Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone doesn't send Accept header in SUBSCRI

From: Tom Glindmeier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone doesn't send Accept header in SUBSCRIBE
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:43:40 +0200

I tested a status change with two Linphones registered to linphone.org. If one phone changes it's state to "On the phone" the other phone displays the change correctly. The XML in the NOTIFY is different from the XML my Asterisk box sends to tell a subscriber that the status of his buddy changed.

I want to hire a developer to modify Linphone to understand the NOTIFY coming from my Asterisk. Is there a chance that this code is built into Linphone? Do you accept such pull requests?

If I understand the RFC correctly an Accept header is optional and if not set, the default format is application/pidf+xml. By insisting on an Accept header, Asterisk seems to be stupid here.

I fixed the problem with a work around: On the Kamailio proxy sitting infront of Asterisk I manipulate the SUBSCRIBE coming from Linphone. I add "Accept: application/pidf+xml" and now Asterisk is happy with the SUSBCRIBE and response to Linphone telling it the online/offline status of the requested buddy -> yeah!

But now there is another problem: If the buddy is in a call Asterisk notifies Linphone correctly, but Linphone doesn't change the status from Online to On the Phone.

This is the NOTIFY that is sent to LInphone

U 1.1.1.1:5060 -> 2.2.2.2:5060
NOTIFY sip:address@hidden:5060 SIP/2.0.
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 1.1.1.1;branch=z9hG4bK661a.66bcdf18558204cb09fc5bae843c4261.0.
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 3.3.3.3:5060;rport=5060;branch=z9hG4bK0242b3e4.
Max-Forwards: 69.