Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:58:15 -0400

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 18:28 (+0100), Johan Pascal wrote:

Johan,

thanks for taking the time to respond to the list.

Just one comment:

> As intuited by Anton Pomozov, yes Belledonne Communications, which develops
> Linphone, makes money by licensing it for commercial use and offering
> support to commercial users. So yes, commercial users are the priority
> simply because they are funding the project maintenance and developments
> which then benefits to free users too.
That makes perfect sense.  However, I think it is important to also
look at this the other way around, and realize that bugs reported by
volunteers, with or without suggested patches, can provide
improvements to the service you are selling to your commercial users,
and thus help you out.

In any case, thanks for keeping the project open source.

Cheers.

                                Jim