[Linphone-developers] Specific account causes crashes

From: Nakonda
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Specific account causes crashes
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 11:47:37 +0100

Hello,

I have installed Linphone on my wife's smartphone:

Linphone 2.3.2-115-g3b4cc02SIO (rfc 3261) - installed from daily builds
user account @sip.linphone.org
phone: Samsung Galaxy GT-i9100,
Cyanogenmod 10.1.3-i9100 (Android 4.2.2)

Yesterday Linphone terminated during text editing (chat) and I am not able to get it working again.
When I restart Linphone it only shows the initial splash screen and then crashes with the message "Linphone terminated - OK"

What I tried but did NOT work:

- restarted the app and the phone
- cleared cache and deleted app datas (system settings)
- re-entered user credentials
- uninstalled the app and re-installed the same app or a previous version
- checked user account at http://www.linphone.org/free-sip-service.html and it worked

additional strange effect:
- when I enter my wife's user credentials in my device (Nexus 7 - CM 11, same Linphone app) my Linphone crashes too!
- when I enter my user credentials in my wife's device (Samsung) Linphone works
- when I enter my wife's user credentials in Linphone running on my PC (Ubuntu 12.04, Linphone 3.7.0) it all works.

- I enter my wife's credential with WRONG password in my device (Nexus) -> linphone shows red (Registration failed)
- I change the password to the correct one -> Linphone crashes ("Linphone" was terminated - I have to confirm this (OK) 2 or 3 times). When I restart Linphone it keeps on crashing with the message above. To get it working again, I have to delete all app datas in system settings and configure Linphone (with my credentials) again.

I may activate debug modus, but I need advice where to find log files or debug information on my phone.

@linphone admin: I may send you the user name in a private mail, so you can check if somthing is wrong with the account.

Please give me further advice to solve this.

thanks and regards

Nak