[Linphone-developers] Might be slightly off-topic

From: Matthew P Kemp
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Might be slightly off-topic
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 22:10:18 -0600

I'm working on playing around with Linphone and have setup my own SIP proxy running kamailio.  I've noticed oddities with video when using my own server, here are my test cases:

wifi network 1-> wifi network 2 - works fine.
4G (tmobile) -> wifi network 2 - only self video shows.
wifi network 1 -> 4G(AT&T) - only self video shows.
4G (tmobile) -> 4G(AT&T) -  works fine.

The interesting thing is if I use sip.linphone.org, every case works without ICE or STUN setup.

I know this is something I'm doing wrong, but I'm curious what SIP proxy sip.linphone.org is running and if there's any thoughts on my misconfiguration.  (I know this is off topic to linphone specific development, if nobody responds I'll keep trying to figure it out on my own.  Any pointers on best practices for setting up a SIP proxy would be appreciated.)

--
Matthew P Kemp