[Linphone-developers] By default do NOT make video window "always on top

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: [Linphone-developers] By default do NOT make video window "always on top"
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 12:37:26 +0100

Hello,
I am using Linphone under Linux with Xfce, and one of the stranger
behaviors of Linphone is to automatically and by default make the
video window "always on top".

In my view this is a usability issue: at best it is confusing for the
user, as even I can no doubt testify to, and at worst the user may be
using a WM that doesn't allow to disable this behavior. I think on
Windows the Video window will also be "always on top", but I can't
remember a Windows version that allows users to switch from "always on
top" to "same as others", and back.

In any case, I think it would make sense to have the Video window by
default behave as any other window: if the user has a WM with the
"always on top" option, they can check it. Otherwise, there is no need
to confuse users...

Regards,
Liviu

--