Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone crashes

From: JeChange.fr
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone crashes
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:32:26 +0100

Tomasz Prostko wrote:
Hi,
I would like to report a bug.
Linphone seems to have problems with saving call log to file.
I am using one of the most professional devices on the Polish market for VoIP technology. I don't know why, but very often when someone calls me, I don't see his number (for e.g. 301), but I see some webdings or wingdings marks (or something like that). Not every time that happens, but very often. I think this is characters encoding problem.
The main problem: Once every few calls linphone can't write call log to config file and crashes. After the crash it is impossible to run linphone again. You have to delete all call logs from config file and then you can run program again.
Hello

I confirm the existence of this problem. It appeared with Linphone 3.7.0. Linphone 3.6.1 under the exact same load does not have this behaviour. The call log is somehow mangled and ends up containing invalid UTF8 characters. It completely blocks Linphone which starts and immediately crashes with a segmentation fault.
I can provide a screenshot, and I can easily generate a "crashing" linphonerc file if it can be of use.